"To find out what a story's really about,' the Librarian said,

'you don't ask the writer. You ask the reader."


- SNOW & ROSE by Emily Winfield Martin


Sunday, January 22, 2012

In My Mailbox Sunday #3

"In My Mailbox" is a weekly meme created by The Story Siren -
The idea is to post whatever 'books' you may have received from the week, whether you purchased them, they were gifted to you, borrowed, etc.


I have to admit - this is one of my most fave posts to share! and to find on other blogs :)  I love seeing what people are getting and what is interesting to read right now in this moment! 

My list is short this week, but I'm not worried, I have quite a pile to get me through for a bit ;) 
Here are my most recent finds/buys... 


RAK'd to me: 
- Wicked Lovely by Melissa Marr 


Thank you SO much, Kara!!! 
I am so excited to finally start this series, with the first book too, lol! 
My sister gifted my the 3rd and 4th books and now I have the first :) 
Now, if only I can find the 2nd one (Ink Exchange) before I'm done with the first one, I'll be one extra happy bumble-r ;) hee hee! 


What I got for my Nook: 
Winter's Passage (An Iron Fey Novella) 
by Julie Kagawa 

by Rusty Fischer 

I haven't read any books about zombies yet, they just haven't caught my interest for so many reasons, lol! Zombies?! Really?! 
Anyway, this book sounds like a good place to start, and the cover looks really intriguing.. oh, and did I mention that it is currently a Nook freebie on BN.com!!! 
A girl has to start somewhere, how could I resist ;) 


I also got my Nook these freebies... 


Summers Crossing (An Iron Fey Novella) 
by Julie Kagawa 

Fairytale by Maggie Shayne 

Remedial Magic (Faeriewalker 0.5)
by Jenna Black 

and 
Fools Rush In by Janice Thompson 


From NetGalley: 

and 



Borrowed from the Library: 
- The Scorpio Races by Maggie Stiefvater 

I am really curious to know what Stiefvater's book is all about.. even though I haven't been able to get my hands on those wolf books yet (sniff!) 


SO, what reads did you get last week!?!?
Leave a link, I'd love to see :) 

10 comments:

  1. Never read a zombie book? Oh how have you gone without them for so long?! Just kidding - I've heard Rusty's books are really good so I hope you enjoy it! Maybe you'll be converted? ;-)

    Happy reading!

    My IMM @ The Aussie Zombie

    ReplyDelete
  2. I didn't get any books last week...gasp! I know right? However, your "Waiting for Mr. Darcy" has peaked my interests.

    Smiles!
    Gwen

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a great stack. Fools Rush In is suppose to be cute and I've heard great things about Scorpio Races.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Gotta love free Nook Books! I downloaded Fairytale a couple weeks ago, just haven't read it yet. :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. "The Scorpio Races" is flat out AMAZING. Definitely Stiefvater's so far, IMO. Enjoy!

    My IMM this week

    ReplyDelete
  6. Great Mailbox! Wicked Lovely was great. Hope you enjoy it!
    Happy Reading!
    Em
    My IMM post
    A Beautiful Madness

    ReplyDelete
  7. Great set! Dreaming of Mr. Darcy looks very cute. I loved Scorpio Races.
    My IMM

    ReplyDelete
  8. I got Wicked Lovely too this week and I can't wait to read the series.

    Great books this week and happy reading!

    http://theladycriticslibrary.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  9. Wow...great mailbox.

    OLD FOLLOWER....stopping by from the Blog Hop.

    Elizabeth

    http://silversolara.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  10. wow! those are some interesting books, most of them are fantasy<3

    parenting articles

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for stopping by and leaving a comment today!
If you are asking a question and you are a no-reply commenter,
please email me directly at thebumblegirl at rocketmail dot com or leave your email in the comments...
Thank you! and, as always, happy reading :)

 
Imagination Designs
Images by LabyrinthofDreams