"To find out what a story's really about,' the Librarian said,

'you don't ask the writer. You ask the reader."


- SNOW & ROSE by Emily Winfield Martin


Friday, January 27, 2012

My Friday Find's for the Week (#3)

It's FRIDAY! 
I cannot believe that it is time to celebrate TGIF already! My week just flew by! I have so much too share: reviews, new books, new finds... SO much, oh! and my first interview with any author too!
I have to get on a schedule, it's almost overwhelming, but I am loooving it all! and there are so many wonderful book bloggers and followers out there, thank you all so much for welcoming me and helping me out! I truly appreciate all of my new friends :) 

My favorite thing to do on Fridays is to review what new books I've found and added to my TBR/wishlist throughout the week and then pick out the one or two that stick out the most to share with you :) 

I have TWO books that I really want to read soon!!!...
actually, one is, the other I'd like to re-read because it is being made into a movie right now ;) 

My first find was this book due to its gorgeous cover: 


From Goodreads: 
"As reality slips and time stands still, Consuela finds herself thrust into the world of the Flow. Removed from all she loves into this shifting world overlapping our own, Consuela quickly discovers she has the power to step out of her earthly skin and cloak herself in new ones-skins made from the world around her, crafted from water, fire, air. She is joined by other teens with extraordinary abilities, bound together to safeguard a world they can affect, but where they no longer belong.

When murder threatens to undo the Flow, the Watcher charges Consuela and elusive, attractive V to stop the killer. But the psychopath who threatens her new world may also hold the only key to Consuela's way home."



I have to admit, the trailer really didn't do a thing for me, sorry... 
but the cover did! Made me curious to find out, I was under the impression that it may be another faerie book of some sort - and I was wrong again! 

Um, the girl can:
"step out of her skin and cloak herself in one ones - skins made from the world around her..."
My first thought was, "ewww!" 
All I could picture was snake skins in human shapes lying around, lol! 
but then thought some more, and found it pretty interesting - I wonder what shapes/forms she takes in the story. Can she become the actual things from nature? or just the elements, like a pool of water, or feathers instead of an actual bird? fire? and how would air work? Will her solid form still be there and it would be just a visual effect? or will she become one with her surroundings? 
Just like my last Friday Find, I have SO many questions!!! So of course, I have addd it to my list of must reads for this year!!! 
____________________________________________

This next book is an oldie, but definitely a goodie! 
I had started collecting L. Frank Baum's Oz books a while ago and have managed to now own 3 of them, lol! I hope to start up again to have them all someday filling up a bookshelf :) 

Most of us know the Wizard of Oz - either from the book or the movie, or both ;) 
but do any of us know the story of what happened after Dorothy's wish came true? What happens after she wakes up in her room? There was a tornado, was everything fine on the farm? 
Well, here is that story... written by L. Frank Baum's great-granson, Roger S. Baum: 



"Dorothy is called back to Oz by Glinda, the Good Witch of the South, because the Tin Man, the Scarecrow and the Cowardly Lion need help... Dorothy battles the Jester, who is using the dead Wicked Witch's magic wand to turn the citizens of Oz into porcelain dolls." 

Who doesn't want to visit the land of Oz again!
Especially if we have this to look forward to... 


Release date: August 3rd, 2012 

The cast is amazing... 
Lea Michele (from Glee) as Dorothy 
Martin Short as the Jester 
Dan Aykroyd as the Scarecrow 
Kelsey Grammar as the Tin Man 
Jim Belushi as the Lion (formerly Cowardly) 

The movie is still in production; you can find out more about the film on their site: 

Can't wait!!!

SO, what books did you find this week???

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you so much for stopping by and leaving a comment today!
If you are asking a question and you are a no-reply commenter,
please email me directly at thebumblegirl at rocketmail dot com or leave your email in the comments...
Thank you! and, as always, happy reading :)

 
Imagination Designs
Images by LabyrinthofDreams