"To find out what a story's really about,' the Librarian said,

'you don't ask the writer. You ask the reader."


- SNOW & ROSE by Emily Winfield Martin


Sunday, February 12, 2012

A Review: Love Unfinished... by Darian Wilk


Good day book-loving friends!
I have another review to share with you today...


Title: Love Unfinished... 
Author: Darian Wilk 
Release Date: October 2011
Age Group: Adult (18+)
Publisher: Darian Wilk via Smashwords
Available Format(s): eBook (Nook)
Author's Blog: http://darianwilk.weebly.com/view-blog.html
Darian Wilk's Facebook and Twitter 

"Soul mates from the past leave their love unfinished when a tragic accident ends their lives on their wedding day. Yet they are destined to meet again to fulfill that love in new incarnations, leading vastly different lives. 

Emma thought she had chosen the right path, but too late does she realize her mistake as her husband reveals the monster behind his smile; morphing their fairytale image with loveless obligation. Trapped in a broken marriage to a powerful, abusive husband, she knows this is not the life she was destined to live. As her hope for love withers, she meets James, her love from a lifetime ago. 

Emma cannot deny the love pulling her toward James, but courage to abandon her marriage wavers and unknowingly puts her love on the line. If Emma has any hope of life and love, she must trust the bond with James and be with the man destiny has spent two lifetimes guiding her toward. Are they fated to fulfill their love, or will they once again, leave love unfinished?"

___________________________________


If you are looking for a sweet romance with a touch of 'Lifetime' movie moment, 
this is the book for you :) 


To be honest, I had put off my review for this book for about a month now - 
I liked the story, the writing was good, it moved along at a very good pace... 
but I still feel like there was something missing - and I do not know how to put that feeling into typed words here, sigh... 


The story starts with sweethearts, Carol and Ted, how they met, fall in love and then die tragically together on their wedding day... 
Many, many years go by and we meet Emma and James. They meet and there is an instant familiarity and connection to each other. They just know that they are meant to be together. 
I really love how Wilk was able to create the 'love-at-first' sight for both couples without making it feel like it was impossible or too soon. 
However, there is a twist to the story that keeps Emma and James from being together - no spoilers here! This is where it gets to be like a 'Lifetime' type of movie for me - I don't mean that in a bad way at all! I liked it very much :) For me, it was a bit predictable, but I don't mind that at all.
The supporting characters turned into my favorites too! Emma's best friend, maid and butler - who would have thought that you could love every good character in a book! and hate the one that you're suppose to hate, like a lot, lol! 


The only problem that I had was that I really wished that the connection to Emma and James' past lives had been tied into the story a lot more - there were a handful of 'mentions' here and there, but not enough for me, I wanted more of that! 


And just when I thought that the story had ended, I noticed that there were too many pages leftover - I actually forgot about Carol and Ted, and why Emma and James wanted to be together... this is the part that I don't know how to explain, I'm just going to leave it that I got too into the main part of the story, and leave it at that. 
The ending is truly the most sweetest ending I have ever read in a long time! 

I enjoyed this and I think that anyone who loves a quick romantic read will enjoy it too :) 





1 comment:

  1. Great honest review. I know what you mean about "something missing."

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for stopping by and leaving a comment today!
If you are asking a question and you are a no-reply commenter,
please email me directly at thebumblegirl at rocketmail dot com or leave your email in the comments...
Thank you! and, as always, happy reading :)

 
Imagination Designs
Images by LabyrinthofDreams