"To find out what a story's really about,' the Librarian said,

'you don't ask the writer. You ask the reader."


- SNOW & ROSE by Emily Winfield Martin


Wednesday, March 7, 2012

Happy World Read Aloud Day!!!

"Imagine a world where everyone can read..." 


Don't forget to pick up a book and aloud read today!

Doesn't matter how you go about it -
read aloud to a loved one! to your friend! to yourself :)

Help motivate those around you, near and far...
suggest a favorite one! lend a book! gift a book!

Spread the joy of reading...
http://litworld.org/
donate a book to a school, a library and/or any organization that will accept it!

The smallest act can make the biggest difference :)

I will be helping out at the Scholastic book fair today and tomorrow at my kids school... I will also be stopping by at my local library to return my overdue books and donate 6 old books which people will be able to read for free or purchase for under a dollar... and of course, I'll be snuggling up with my boys and reading some of their favorites (even more favorites if hubs remembers to dig in the garage and pull out their box of Dr. Seuss books, lol!)

So, my day isn't much, but it means a lot to me!

What will you be doing???

Enjoy and happy reading!!!

2 comments:

  1. How cool. I had no idea. I read aloud lots these days to my little Baby Whimsy.

    ReplyDelete
  2. How sweet!!
    I guess I will give away some books to some friends :) Some books have to be read and some of them really should get back to reading!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for stopping by and leaving a comment today!
If you are asking a question and you are a no-reply commenter,
please email me directly at thebumblegirl at rocketmail dot com or leave your email in the comments...
Thank you! and, as always, happy reading :)

 
Imagination Designs
Images by LabyrinthofDreams