"To find out what a story's really about,' the Librarian said,

'you don't ask the writer. You ask the reader."


- SNOW & ROSE by Emily Winfield Martin


Tuesday, March 13, 2012

Release Day Tuesday: Starters... and others!

I thought I would try something new today and highlight the newbies that are being released. Of course they're the ones that I want to get, so we'll see who ends up in my "In My Mailbox" this weekend ;)

But first, I have to give special attention to one book, Starters by Lissa Price...
I won an ARC of it a few weeks ago, and I started to read it so I would have a review posted by release day... BUT - I am still reading it!
I just hadn't had the time to finish it yet!
So far, it is very well written- the story, the dialogue, the characters - I am liking it a lot!
I have to admit, I am very new to the whole dystopian genre, I don't read much of it - but when I see a dystopian: the blurb, quotes and bookcover really needs to capture me before I'd even consider reading it!
Starters did capture my interest - I think the girl on the cover is really creepy, lol! I could never forget this cover even if I try really hard to! and the fact that this series is going to consist of only 2 books is really interesting to me... I hope to have a proper review to share next week!

In the meantime, here's a peek:

Starters by Lissa Price

"HER WORLD IS CHANGED FOREVER 
Callie lost her parents when the Spore Wars wiped out everyone between the ages of twenty and sixty. She and her little brother, Tyler, go on the run, living as squatters with their friend Michael and fighting off renegades who would kill them for a cookie. Callie's only hope is Prime Destinations, a disturbing place in Beverly Hills run by a mysterious figure known as the Old Man. 

He hires teens to rent their bodies to Enders—seniors who want to be young again. Callie, desperate for the money that will keep her, Tyler, and Michael alive, agrees to be a donor. But the neurochip they place in Callie's head malfunctions and she wakes up in the life of her renter, living in her mansion, driving her cars, and going out with a senator's grandson. It feels almost like a fairy tale, until Callie discovers that her renter intends to do more than party—and that Prime Destinations' plans are more evil than Callie could ever have imagined."


Other books being released this week (that I want!): 


Pretty Crooked by Elisa Ludwig
and Wanderlove by Kirsten Hubbard 

Books that I also want but they were released last week: 


 Illuminate by Aimee Agresti, 
Where It Began by Ann Redisch Stampler, 
and Embrace by Jessica Shirvington. 


My budget only allows me to get one book this week, lol! and I cannot decide if I want Pretty Crooked or Embrace first... tough decision! Which one would you get??? 

What are you buying this week??? 

2 comments:

  1. Wanderlove is FANTASTIC! there are drawings! and romance! and traveling! and butterflies! AND DID I MENTION DRAWINGS? <3

    Hope you enjoy Starters! :)


    Ashelynn @ Gypsy Book Reviews.
    Be sure to read my cover interview with THE LOST GIRL's author, Sangu Mandanna.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for stopping by and leaving a comment today!
If you are asking a question and you are a no-reply commenter,
please email me directly at thebumblegirl at rocketmail dot com or leave your email in the comments...
Thank you! and, as always, happy reading :)

 
Imagination Designs
Images by LabyrinthofDreams