"To find out what a story's really about,' the Librarian said,

'you don't ask the writer. You ask the reader."


- SNOW & ROSE by Emily Winfield Martin


Tuesday, August 7, 2012

Partials Read-a-long Week 2 Discussion!

Welcome to week 2 to the Partials Read-a-long!!! 


How is your reading coming along??? 

I have to admit, I am having a tough time with this one - not because I am not liking it, but because of the setting of this book. This is the second book that I am reading that takes place on Long Island, and it all feels so realistic to me that I have to keep stopping to remind myself that what is happening in the book has not really happened in real life, lol! 

Here is a quick reminder of our reading schedule
Week 1 - Part 1, read pages 1 - 134
Week 2 - Part 2, read pages 135 - 239
Week 3 - (still Part 2 ) read pages 240 - 349
Week 4 - Part 3 read pages 350 - 472 (Finish!)
(You can find more details and join in with us right HERE!)


Hoping that we're all caught up and perhaps around pages 150-200, 
here are my questions to you...

- What do you think of the Senate and the Defense Grid? 

- Do you think that they are too controlling? Should they be forcing people to re-populate?

- And what is your feel so far, would you prefer to live in East Meadow too? Or would you want to go live on a farm, outside of East Meadow?

Let's chat!!!
Just leave your answers in the comments below!
And when tweeting, please use hashtag: #PartialsReadAlong

Thank you, and enjoy reading more!!!

1 comment:

  1. - What do you think of the Senate and the Defense Grid?
    **I think the Senate is too controlling! I think the Defense Grid is meant to be good but something tells me there is more behind this.

    - Do you think that they are too controlling? Should they be forcing people to re-populate?
    ***They are absolutely too controlling! I do not think they should be forcing people to re-populate, especially at the rate they do as they know the babies are just dying!

    - And what is your feel so far, would you prefer to live in East Meadow too? Or would you want to go live on a farm, outside of East Meadow?
    ***I'm a country girl so I want to say on the farm, but I think I would have to see how dangerous everything is. The city seems like it would be depressing with abandoned houses and cracked sidewalks :(

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for stopping by and leaving a comment today!
If you are asking a question and you are a no-reply commenter,
please email me directly at thebumblegirl at rocketmail dot com or leave your email in the comments...
Thank you! and, as always, happy reading :)

 
Imagination Designs
Images by LabyrinthofDreams