"To find out what a story's really about,' the Librarian said,

'you don't ask the writer. You ask the reader."


- SNOW & ROSE by Emily Winfield Martin


Tuesday, December 31, 2013

My Top 13 Favorite Books of 2013!


I created a top 12 list for last year, I had to jump on and post my top 13 for this year!
With great difficulties (it was SO hard to choose) and in no particular order, here are my faves... 

Middle Grade
The Fellowship for Alien Detection by Kevin Emerson (Goodreads / My Review)
The Land of Stories: The Wishing Spell by Chris Colfer (Goodreads)



Young Adult
Just One Day by Gayle Forman (Goodreads)
Nobody by Jennifer Lynn Barnes (Goodreads / My Review)
Blaze by Laurie Boyle Crompton (Goodreads / My Review
Notes From Ghost Town by Kate Ellison (Goodreads / My Review
Eleanor & Park by Rainbow Rowell (Goodreads
Requiem (Delirium #3) by Lauren Oliver (Goodreads / My Review)
Dear Cassie by Lisa Burstein (Goodreads / My Review
Going Vintage by Lindsey Leavitt (Goodreads)
The Sweet Dead Life by Joy Preble (Goodreads
Dare You To by Katie McGarry (Goodreads
Iron Traitor (The Iron Fey: Call of the Forgotten #2) by Julie Kagawa (Goodreads)



New Adult
Frigid by Jennifer L. Armentrout (Goodreads



Adult
If the Shoe Fits (Unruly Royals #2) by Megan Mulry (Goodreads / My Review)



Ooops! Looks like there are more than 13 on my list! 
SO many good books last year, it was so hard to choose, and I know I'm forgetting a few too!
PLUS, I didn't get to read or review as much as I wanted to... but... 

I am SO ready for 2014!
More BOOKS and more REVIEWS!!! 
Can't wait!!!

Have a happy, blessed and safe New Year!!!

3 comments:

  1. What an excellent list! I read and enjoy The Fellowship for Alien Detection. I haven't read The Land of Stories- but I love the cover and will have to pick it up soon. Thanks for sharing. :)
    ~Jess

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh I love your middle grade picks! Going Vintage looks really cute too :) Love your list!

    ReplyDelete
  3. You have some good books on there. I loved Just One Day and Just One Year. Just One Day made my list. And Eleanor and Park. I want to read Fangirl next. I have a few waiting to be read for review, but Going Vintage is definitely up there for me to read, too.

    Happy reading!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for stopping by and leaving a comment today!
If you are asking a question and you are a no-reply commenter,
please email me directly at thebumblegirl at rocketmail dot com or leave your email in the comments...
Thank you! and, as always, happy reading :)

 
Imagination Designs
Images by LabyrinthofDreams