"To find out what a story's really about,' the Librarian said,

'you don't ask the writer. You ask the reader."


- SNOW & ROSE by Emily Winfield Martin


Wednesday, January 7, 2015

Waiting On Wednesday #114: NIMONA by Noelle Stevenson (YA)


"Waiting On Wednesday" is a weekly meme hosted by Breaking the Spine.

This is where we get to 'spotlight' books that we are anxiously waiting to be released!!!
The ones that we are dying to get our hands on and read into the wee hours of the night!!!
And, quite possibly, to make our shelves look pretty too :) 


What I'm currently waiting for... 


by Noelle Stevenson
Expected release date: May 19th, 2015
Published by: Harper Collins
Genre: Young Adult Fantasy Graphic Novel  
Format: Paperback, eBook


SUMMARY

Lord Ballister Blackheart has a point to make, and his point is that the good guys aren't as good as they seem. He makes a comfortable living as a supervillain, but never really seems to accomplish much - until he takes on a new sidekick, Nimona, a shapeshifter with her own ideas of how things should be done. 

Unfortunately, most of those ideas involve blowing things up. 

Now Ballister must teach his young protégé some restraint and try to keep her from destroying everything, while simultaneously attempting to expose the dark dealings of those who claim to be the protectors of the kingdom - including his former best friend turned nemesis, Ambrosius Goldenloin.

Originally published online, Nimona has been nominated for a Harvey award for Best Online Comics Work, was named one of io9's top ten Best New and Short Webcomics of 2012, and has been awarded the Cartoonist Studio Prize for Best Webcomic of 2012 by Slate Magazine and the Center for Cartoon Studies.




Why I'm waiting for NIMONA...

First... because it's Noelle Stevenson!!!
She is the author/illustrator to my most favorite comic book right now, LUMBERJANES!!!

(She's also done some work on Rainbow Rowell's books and the Adventure Time comic books!!!)

Second... because I luuuuurve all things graphic novel/comic books!!!
And I need more in my life!!!

Lastly... because there's a supervillain and a shapeshifter!!!

P.S... did you see that cool cover?!?!?


SO, what are you waiting for this week???

3 comments:

  1. Ooh this looks so good! I thought I recognised the illustrations - then I realised it's in a similar style to Fangirl's drawings and that the illustrator wrote this. Will definitely be picking this up. I'd like to read more graphic novels!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Haven't heard of this one! I hope you enjoy it when you get it! My WOW

    ReplyDelete
  3. I don't read a lot of graphic novels but I will definitely check out this one in the future. Besides, I love Noelle Stevenson's art style!

    Here's my WoW for the week.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for stopping by and leaving a comment today!
If you are asking a question and you are a no-reply commenter,
please email me directly at thebumblegirl at rocketmail dot com or leave your email in the comments...
Thank you! and, as always, happy reading :)

 
Imagination Designs
Images by LabyrinthofDreams